Linking PlantConnect to your own system
Link your own system to PlantConnect and digitally collect all supply information from PlantConnect. You can also place orders in the webshop directly in your own system. That’s how it works.
Your orders pass digitally via the PlantConnect webshop to the growers. The grower processes your order, and you receive an order response automatically in your own system.
To create the link, your own purchasing system nust be able to receive or send the following digital messages and information. Your system will have to be adjusted to do this.
- Ordering via your own system also from a grower that is not Floricode capable
- Ordering of committed supply or customer-specific supply from the grower
- 100% delivery guarantee from grower with supply obligation
- 24/7 ordering
- Placing order via all grower software packages
- Record order only once and in one location
- Automatic transfer of ordered number
- Automatic, digital order confirmation sent to your own system
- Order can be traced back to origin
- Efficiency: lower costs involved in the internal company processes
- No supply lists sent by mail or fax, customer-specific supply via quotes to your own system
- Fewer mistakes as you are using reliable source data
- The link to PlantConnect is built on chain standards
- The link to PlantConnect is based on the future (e.g. 'shop in shop')
Supply messages (quotes): Quotes are messages that exchange supply information digitally between 2 parties. With Quotes you obtain all of the supply and the latest changes.
deadlines: The grower specifies the order deadlines in his
webshop profile. These are the final order deadlines with the
associated final delivery deadlines per location. The grower sets
the delivery deadlines. They are displayed as soon as you place an
Because the order deadlines are not yet incorporated in the digital chain messages (e.g. quotes, order & order response messages), you have to collect this information separately via the internet application PlantConnect.
Order messages: Digital orders sent via PlantConnect. They follow the Floricode (chain) standard.
Order response messages: Digital message following the florecom (chain) standard. An order response is sent in 2 situations:
- If the check done by PlantConnect reveals that the order contains revised data, for example a change in price
- If the grower has accepted or refused your order
Rules of the webshop
There are rules that apply to the webshop, while they are already incorporated in PlantConnect.
What is technically required for the link?
1. Are you already downloading the supply from PlantConnect to your own system?
Yes: go to step 2
No: Via edi-messages you have to receive the current quotes in your own purchasing system. The quotes must be read in and interpreted by the computer system in real time.
If you do not yet have your own purchasing system, the software guide of Floricode describes the different software options.
2. Are the
supply data correctly processed in your system?
Yes: go to step 3
No: The supply that is downloaded is the complete supply: general and customer-specific supply and special offers. Via the webshop you may order only the webshop supply. In addition, there are customer-specific supply and special offers.
They must be correctly processed and displayed in the buyer's system. Together with your own software supplier you can determine which supply must appear in your purchasing system.
3. Can you already send orders digitally via Floricode?
Yes: go to step 4
No: The system must be able to send digital orders and process the digital order response. This is done via edi-messages, the standard messages of the Electronic Order System (ORDERS, ORDERRSP).
You can carry
out some of the tests with the test messages available from
Floricode. Other tests are conducted by PlantConnect.
4. Are the order deadlines already being read into your system?
Yes: go to step 5
No: Every grower specifies order deadlines in the webshop. Orders placed via the buyers' link must take these order deadlines into account. Because the order deadlines have not yet been incorporated in the digital chain messages (e.g. quotes, order & order response messages), you have to collect this information separately from the internet application PlantConnect.
5. Are the orders already being correctly sent to PlantConnect?
Yes: You can from now on place your orders directly from your own system.
No: You must send your orders in response to current quotes being read in real time into your purchasing system.
Would you like more information?
If you have questions, comments or wishes concerning PlantConnect or this link, please contact the Customer Service.