Logistics processes over a million transactions around Valentine's Day20 February 2019
We implemented various improvements in order to be well prepared for the 2019 Peak Days. We processed over one million transactions in Aalsmeer, Rijnsburg and Naaldwijk in the period around Valentine's Day. This is an increase compared to last year.
The figures in brief:
- We processed over one million transactions in weeks 6-7. This represents an increase of 17,000 transactions compared to the same period last year.
- On Monday 11 February 2019 - the busiest day in the period before Valentine's Day - we were able to deliver all products to the box within the set end time.
Internal overnight rental
The internal overnight rental decreased by more than half in the period around Valentine's Day compared to the same period last year. Internal overnight rental only took place twice in week 6 and 7 in 2019. This occurred 5 times in the same period in 2018. The availability of 15,500 extra auction trolleys therefore appears to be paying off.
Would you like to know more?
- Visit the special 2019 Peak Days page
- View the 2019 Peak Days overview: improvements and extra services
More related news
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive each week:
- current and relevant news
- based on your own profile
Do not display againSubscribe