Make representative photos easily? Follow the updated photo guidelines16 November 2017
The current photo guidelines for plants are not clear and too complex. In consultation with the Strengthening the Plant Clock sounding board group, the guidelines have now been simplified and tightened. They come into effect on 1 January 2018.
The representativeness of the photos of plants continues to improve. However, not all photos supplied conform to the guidelines. This situation can be better, and we are happy to help you with this. That is why the guidelines have been revised.
Most important changes
- When supplied in a sleeve, it is mandatory to photograph a single plant without a sleeve as well
- When supplying an arrangement in packaging, it is mandatory to photograph the packaging as well
- When supplying product without packaging, a ruler is mandatory, except if it is being supplied on mixed trolleys or as a mix per shelf
- A photo of a shelf/tray must show the topmost shelf.
These photo guidelines come into effect on 1 January 2018. In the coming period, we shall communicate with everyone intensively and actively support suppliers. We shall continue to follow closely the progress with photo improvements. If necessary, the photo guidelines can be modified again in the future.
We are developing other tools to help growers and customers perfect the reliability of the supply information. In consultation with the Strengthening the Plant Clock sounding board group, we are currently working on:
- An app to highlight interesting parties while watching
- A photo app to make it easier to produce representative product photos and provide the correct supply information
- Creating more room and time to display products
- Making the auction starting times uniform in combination with additional time for displaying
Digital is the standard
For the progress of digitalisation, representative product photos and correct supply information are essential. At the moment, the photos and the supply information are still of insufficient quality. That is why we work out tools to help growers and customers with digitalisation.
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive each week:
- current and relevant news
- based on your own profile
Do not display againSubscribe