Who went home with the Dutch Tulip Award 2017? Discover it now10 November 2017
During a festive meeting in the Studio's in Aalsmeer, choreographer and costume designer Marc Forno announced the winners of the Royal FloraHolland Dutch Tulip Award 2017.
What a suspenseful evening! Lilium Roselily, Philodendron 'Little Hope', Campanula Ambella Intens Purple and van der Velde Waterplanten are the first-prize winners of the Royal FloraHolland Dutch Tulip Award 2017.
Winners by category
- 1st prize: Lilium Roselily series, J.A.&.J. Moerman CV, DE LIER
- 2nd prize: Allium Ampeloprasum 'Green Drops', Mts. Mellema-Versteeg, CREIL and Flower Power, BREEZAND
3rd prize: Scabiosa Candy Scoop, Peles Zeev, KFAR CHAIM, Gidulei Mazal, TALMEY YOSEF, Shahar, KFAR HESS (Israel) and Livewire Flowers Ltd, UITGEEST
- 1st prize: Philodendron 'Little Hope', VDE plant BV, WOUBRUGGE and C.J.H. Heijnen, AMERICA
- 2nd prize: Rosa Imola from Nolina kwekerijen in WOUBRUGGE
- 3rd prize: Begonia Valentino Pink from J.&.P. ten Have BV in MAASLAND
- 1st prize: Campanula Ambella Intens Purple, M.J. Vijverberg, MAASLAND, C.H.N. Endhoven, HONSELERSDIJK, OK Plant Beheer BV, NAALDWIJK, Firma P. van den Berg, DE LIER, Kuivenhoven Poeldijk VOF, POELDIJK, Kwekerij Bergcamp, DE LIER and Kw. Montis Moerkapelle BV, MOERKAPELLE.
- 2nd prize: Agapanthus Summer Love Blue from grower Nolina Kwekerijen BV in WOUBRUGGE
- 3rd prize: Petunia Nightsky! Supplied to Royal FloraHolland by: A. Baas Potplantenkwekerij BV in ENS, VDH Plants / A. v.d. Harg in MADE, Islandplant BV in VIERPOLDERS, Hkw. Bruinen BV in HONSELERSDIJK, Kwekery André den Drijver in NAALDWIJK, van der Valk BV in NAALDWIJK and Boers Tuinbouw in 'S-GRAVENZANDE.
- 1st prize: van der Velde Waterplanten BV in Bleiswijk for the concept Amazingworld with: Veggie World (edible plants), Water World (water plants), Desert World (succulents), Swamp World (carnivorous plants)
- 2nd prize: 'BBQ-hot&spicy' from W&L Groenservice & Desch Plantpak in TEUGE
- 3rd prize: Liv in Wax® from WBD BV in VOORHOUT.
Every year Royal FloraHolland introduces hundreds of new cultivars and concepts, so winning the Dutch Tulip Award is significant. It's an honour for the nominees and leads to PR in the media and increased demand for the product. Growers are very interested in this prize. The award goes to the most successful market introduction and is divided into the categories: cut flowers, houseplants, outdoor plants and concepts.
Keep an eye on the website for announcements about the Dutch Tulip Award 2018!
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive each week:
- current and relevant news
- based on your own profile
Do not display againSubscribe