Wanted: candidates for the Members' Council22 June 2020
Members of Royal FloraHolland can put themselves forward for a spot in the Members' Council from now until 15 September 2020. Since 1 January 2019, Royal FloraHolland has been working with a new approach to governance in the shape of a Members' Council. The Members' Council is the link between the members, the Management Board and the Supervisory Board (SB). The objective: increase the members involvement allowing us to better respond to changes in the market, the cooperative and the company as a whole.
The Members' Council consists of 42 Dutch and international growers who represent a reflection of the more than 4,000 members of the cooperative. 5 new members can be appointed as of 1 January 2021. If you would like to make a difference and provide input on our cooperative in the future, put yourself forward as a candidate for the Members' Council.
What does the Members' Council entail?
The Members' Council will play a central role in Royal FloraHolland's transition to becoming the cooperative of the future. The Members' Council is the link between the members, the Management Board and the SB and it consults members during interactive member sessions. During these sessions, members discuss important strategic themes. The results form the basis of the discussion that the Members' Council will have with the Management Board. Members' Council members are characterised by their dedication to the cooperative. They want to know what concerns their fellow growers, in the business side of Royal FloraHolland and within the industry as a whole.
Who can put themselves forward as a candidate?
A member of the Members' Council has to be part of the group of Royal FloraHolland members. This means that you have to (partially) own a member company and/or are a statutory director at a Royal FloraHolland member company.
What do we offer candidates and what do we expect from
- Intensive involvement in developments within the cooperative, the company, its customers and its environment.
- Contact with members, Management Board and Supervisory Board for the execution of member consultation, advice and decision-making.
- The possibility of education with regard to content, personal performance and facilitating meetings.
- Plenty of room for personal development after an onboarding period.
- Remuneration scheme for attending meetings and travel and accommodation costs.
Candidates are interested in the markets on which Royal FloraHolland and its members operate and are aware of relationships when it comes to cooperative entrepreneurship. They oversee the different interests on these markets, assume an independent position and act in the general interest.
Candidates are able to or have the potential to:
- Enter into dialogue with members.
- Think and act based on the policy.
- Generate support for decisions and the viewpoints of the Members' Council and to promote them both during and outside of consultations with the members.
Candidates are willing to:
- Invest enough time to be able to perform well within the Members' Council.
- Time allocation amounts to at least two days per month. This is based on the attendance and preparation of six Members' Council meetings per year and three consultation sessions.
- Participation in committees (Finance, Strategy, Cooperative Affairs, Members Engagement) is also possible, depending on interest and availability.
- Actively participate in a periodic evaluation of their own performance.
- Learn the English language if they do not speak it yet.
1. Members can put themselves forward as candidates until 15
2. The Nomination Committee of the Members' Council will select the candidates based on interviews in October. An independent HR professional will attend these interviews. The fact that the Members' Council members have to be a good reflection of the members plays a part during the candidate selection process.
3. The Nomination Committee of the Members' Council will nominate the selected candidates in November.
4. The new members will be appointed definitively on Cooperative Day on Thursday 10 December 2020.
Interested in putting yourself forward as a candidate?
Please sign up for the Members' Council before 15 September 2020 by sending an email to email@example.com.
Would you like to know more about what it is like to sit on the Members' Council? Please email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org. The members of the Members' Council would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
More related news
Always up to date with the latest news? Sign up for our weekly digital newsletter.
Do not display againSubscribe