Not only have we improved the quality of the information, we've
also made less data available. Using information well and with
respect, that is the basis of our information policy. The
publication of information should never lead to undesirable effects
on individual customers.
Therefore, we play by the following rules:
- We do not give to others data about individual customers
- We do not publish information on price, supply and sales at cultivar level
- We do not use standard reports to publish information on quantities and prices of products that are traded through Connect,
- We do not publish information that is competition sensitive, is not representative or is traceable to individual growers
Non-representative information arises, for example, by adding together the prices of very different grades with corresponding price differences to produce an average that means little. Or by recording product prices that include value added.
We also have detailed procedures regarding access to services
making confidential data available. We ensure the formation of
passwords meet recommended security conditions and they are changed
In addition, our employees are alert when handling commercial information. They have access only to data that is relevant to their work, and they know they must treat it as confidential.
Customised quality checks
We also carry out quality checks of information provided by growers and buyers to ensure the delivery of better customised information. The services of the Market & Information Department and Connect's Market Information Package are good examples. The information they publish allow growers, customers and employees of Royal FloraHolland to respond well to market opportunities.
We use information to put our customers in the best possible sales position while protecting the interests of our business partners by handling commercially-sensitive information with respect.
FloraneXt information policy
We use information to give our clients the best marketing opportunities. At the same time, we protect the interests of our business relations by carefully handling their commercially sensitive information.
How do we apply the rules within FloraneXt?
- Sidelined products When fewer than three buyers have shown interest in a product in the past year, then we remove its details from publication. We only display the data of all products available on that auction day.
- Connect We do not display information across the auction about products traded via Connect.
- Information only for members Only suppliers who are members of Royal FloraHolland can access the auction information. Non-members only have access to their own price information and general statistics.
- Authorisation Agencies and handlers are automatically authorised to view their suppliers' information. The suppliers themselves approve this authorisation with Royal FloraHolland before it is applied.